Saturday, February 6, 2010

Adult Shirt ----> Child's Skirt

Last month my mom gave me a big bag of stuff to take to Goodwill.  Well..... I didn't.  I kept all of the clothing to use as fabric for other projects.  I like to think it's because I am "going green" but in reality it's because I'm cheap.  Have you seen the prices of fabrics lately? 

Project Stats
Total Cost:  $0.75
   (shirt was free, elastic was $0.75)
Time:    12 minutes
   (Yep, you read that right.  Only 12 minutes!  I actually timed it.)
 

BEFORE


AFTER


It's double layered gauzy material, which is the perfect amount of girliness for my little fashionista.  And that awesome bead work on top?  I have a project in mind for it too. 

I apologize for the crappy camera phone pics.  It was dark already, the lighting in the house sucks and my camera is broken.  I had everything going against me!  Oh yeah, and ignore all of the wrinkles!  It was past her bedtime, and I made her stay up so I could measure her, sew it and take pictures.  If I didn't make it right that second, it would have gone on the incredibly long "to make" list.... where project ideas go to die. 

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! I love it! I think I may have some bags for Goodwill out in the garage. Maybe I should go thru them.......

    ReplyDelete

leave some comment love! come on... you know you want to