Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I'm Back!!!

After several weeks of a broken laptop, lack of internet, illnesses and MY HUBBY COMING HOME... I am back in business! You have no idea how happy it makes me to sit here and write a blog post finally.  To catch everyone up to speed, the last few weeks have been CRAZY!  I have had all of this going on plus a whole lot more I can't recall at the moment:

 
  • We flew my sister and niece up for a weekend to suprise my mom.
  • TJ's Christmas program
  • A stomach flu from HELL for me and both kids
  • Picked up the hubby in Atlanta, from his *hopefully* final flight home from Afghanistan (note: we were still puking from above mentioned stomach flu the whole way to Atlanta.... ugg!)
  • 3 extended family Christmas gatherings
  • Schmoozing with potential employers for the hubby
  • Cocktails galore with family and friends (ok, so I didn't mind those so much!)
  • Christmas morning at our house (including an emergency ride to several convenience stores on Christmas morning for the totally necessary block of sharp cheddar. That was fun mom!)
  • Oh, and one of my favorites..... a Girl's Day with mom and Taylor yesterday to shop for my New Year's Eve dress. Ahhhhhh, I can't wait to get away child-free for a night!
Plus tons of crafting, which I will be posting shortly.  For now, I leave with you some photos of the craziness above.  Minus the stomach flu incident.... I'll spare you those images :)






See that look he's giving the camera?  2 seconds later he pinched her and ran.  Classic TJ move.   










 

The 3 amigos playing for the first time in a year.





My adorable niece, Ava.  I hate that I only get to see her one a year or so. 














TJ and Ava bonding over some tortilla strips. 









 And finally, to make it through all of the holiday gatherings......  my friend the cocktail.  Here's one variation of the many I enjoyed this past month. 







Cheers!


1 comment:

  1. What a great Christmas! I like the shopping and drinks part, oh and family hehe. Hey - let's go shopping and have some drinks soon! I can't wait to see your craft projects, post soon!

    ReplyDelete

leave some comment love! come on... you know you want to