Friday, October 23, 2009

When a friend has a crappy day....

.... make them an owl pillow. lol That's actually what I did tonight. My friend Becky had one of those "the dryer just broke, there goes the Christmas money" kind of days. In true housework-procrastination mode, I whipped up a little owl throw pillow for her. She has an even more obsessive love of owls than I do, so this should be a perfect little gift.
The pattern is in the current issue of Better Homes & Garden Quilts. Start to finish, it took about 4 hours. Not too shabby considering it involved tons of tiny pieces, applique AND embroidery. Finished pillow measures about 9"x7". I forgot to take a picture of the back, but it's the same embroidered fabric that is used for the tree trunk. Best part of this project: All fabric from the stash! Love when that happens!
I really really want to make one of these for myself!


"You're a hoot!"

1 comment:

  1. I put it in the recliner until the girls got home. It has made me smile all day. Thanks again so much. It really made my day.

    ReplyDelete

leave some comment love! come on... you know you want to